The growing momentum towards open banking models has compelled banks globally to undergo a business model transformation and expand their service provision to offer broader digital choices to their retail, and corporate customers.
In Africa where the significance of mobile channels in accessing financial services especially banking and payments is increasing rapidly, banks are divided in their strategy around these channels.
Payments have become the epicentre of banking, and banks have been exploring numerous options to increase their payment methods and choices right from using bank to mobile transfers and card for cross border payments.
The convergence of instant payments and open banking, particularly in retail, where card usage is gaining traction, indicates that financial organizations, both large and small, need to rise to the occasion to compete.
The democratization of Digital Financial Services (DFS) has been further accelerated by the ongoing pandemic that has brought on-board new consumer demographics with varying needs and expectations of what banking should be. How will this redefine banking and how is the financial sector adapting to this increasingly mobile and connected African consumer?
Future of Banking Webinar
This webinar seeks to delve into these questions with industry thought leaders for their opinions, advice, experience and insights that will serve as a guide to offer a deeper understanding of the changes happening within the Digital Financial Services space.
- Yustus Aribariho, Regional Head Digital Banking, Africa and Middle East, Standard Chartered Bank
- Kenn Lisudza, Head of Product Development, Cellulant
- Lilian Njuguna, Sr. Platform Product Manager, M-PESA for Business, Safaricom
- George Makori, Chief Digital Officer, Bank of Africa, Kenya
- Blaise Pascal Okwo Ebwil, Group Manager, Mobile Money, Remittances & Payments, Ecobank
- Moderator: Rosemary Kimaku, Group Head Banking Account Management, Cellulant
What will be discussed?
- The evolution of Digital Banking – From a Value Added Service to a critical service: Banking amidst a pandemic
- Finding opportunity in an economic downturn & competing in a digital world
- Emerging trends in digital lending and innovative approaches Banks are implementing to compete with non-banking lending apps
- Financial Inclusion – How are we fairing? A Banking Industry’s challenge or Fintech?
- Providing Omni-channel Banking as a way to improve connectivity with clients. How do we see panning out in mobile & connected Africa
- Open banking: The good, the bad, the ugly in becoming a truly digital bank
- Collaboration as a key growth area for the future.
- Emerging risks and how bank equipping themselves to better identify, predict and mitigate emerging risks around banking and digital payments
- Which technologies will be most critical in the decade to come
- Banking beyond brick & mortar; the future landscape
Digitization Unusual Series
Cellulant has organised this webinar as part of its Digitization Unusual series to delve into these questions with industry thought leaders for their opinions, advice, experience and insights that will serve as a guide to offer a deeper understanding of the changes happening within the Digital Financial Services space.
Click here to register for this free webinar